CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Eyes on Him

Dear Father God... I know I sometimes (often) take you for granted... And I know I don't always give you the praise and glory you deserve... And I know my heart is not nearly as grateful to you as it should be... But I want to take this time out to sincerely say - Thank you. Thank you for being there...


Lord you were there - when I was a kid and fell down the stairs. You were there - when I guiltily opened my eyes and looked around during prayer. You were there in my past, and you are here in my now. And you completely occupy my future, like milk in a cow. When I was young and more curious, and way closer to pureness... When I snuck back and took that cookie, when neither mom and dad were looking - You were there. When I was groping for you, and struggling to understand who you are. The various times when I gave up, because you seemed to merely watch me from afar. The times when my emotions were broken, and I had to hold it painfully inside. The many days, and nights when all my heart permitted me to do was shudder and cry... You were there. When I fought with my brother, and said hurtful things. When I reacted tyranically, actin' mean - like a bully pushing another kid off a swing. When I decided to do things my way - Lord Jesus you were there. And as my behavior and lessons learned repeated themselves up unto the current moment - You were there.

Jesus... You were there... Like the comfort of a child's stuffed bear. Or a scorching hot comb, used for taming wild hair. Father I thank you for eternal presence, as you taught me so many lessons... Even allowing me to be caused pain, so that in the end I might represent YOUR name, and stand out as I raise the standard, standing alone under life's rain. Ha - I remember heartache, and heartbreak. Cut tongues and tooth aches. Birthdays and ice cream cake. Good or bad, happy or sad, delighted or mad, triumphant or trashed... Lord you were there. When I felt as if I'd lost my Christianity like a kid to a tooth, or a shingle to roof... You were always there to give me a boost to achieve whatever it was I needed to. You caught me when I tripped and fell, and set me right back on my feet... And Jesus you are SO amazing that from time to time you even graced me with wings!! The soaring empowerment of your favor, and the sustaining glide of your joy. Buoyed on with grace and mercy... God - you're the reason I trust in a recession, because in YOUR kingdom I'm NEVER unemployed.

I have my love, my family, and several friends. Friendtors, mentors, and people that will gather around me on my behalf and join hands. And even when I did not have any of that... When I had to go through my seasons of just you and I... You were there. Walking beside me... Pushing me. Cheering for me in the background even when I could neither see nor hear you. Always reaching for this great mind you gave me, and doing your best to infect it with truth. ... What a shame that my natural disposition towards you is a negative reaction... What a shame that I so often treat you like we're in a war and you and I are opposing factions... What a shame that at your touch I instinctively shiver instead of calm, and look around instead of trusting in the power of your palms. Lord I desire to sing to you with songs... Create my own hymns unto you... Not because of all that you've done... But simply because you were THERE. When nobody else was. When nobody else could be. When everyone else was distracted by life, and fighting their own battles with the Enemy. You were there.

And Lord God I thank you for being classic and never changing... Like the continuing wetness when raining... Or the wisdom of proverbial sayings... Or the unending system of chickens and egg laying:-D

I thank you for who you Are... And for always being there... Constant like the North Star... And always keeping an eye on me like a watchful overseer...

And most importantly - I thank you for being HERE. Right now. In spite of the rainy clouds. In spite of several of my doubts. In spite of any demonic strongholds were Satan may have some clout... You are the Alpha and Omega... And You. Are. HERE.

0 comments: