CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

*He's The Man

My God's so big, and my God's so bad...
Soon as He shows up, my spirit gets glad...
That's cuz He embodies extraordinary swag...
And I 'm super proud to be able to call Him dad...
He knows how to make me laugh...
And how to get me silent...
How to show me my trash...
And how to get me to receive guidance...
He places me in the right places...
Like a chessboard figure...
The strategies that run through His head...
Are FAR beyond my ability to figure...
So why do I even bother?...
Cuz I'm a hard headed son...
And just like a loving father...
He doesn't always hesitate to clock me one...
To knock me upside my head, and ask me what the heck I was thinking...
While I confusedly look up at Him, stumbling over my words, like I'd been drinking...
Usually it's in some sin, or stupidity that I'd been sinking...
Like I was in a holiness boat, and my righteousness was leaking...
Then comes the Repairman...
My dad's a jack of all trades...
A regular Reconnaissance Man...
Trumps over all, like the Ace of Spades...
Some call Him Ancient of Days...
Others call Him Worthy of Praise...
Sometimes I get fazed...
And my eyes start to glaze...
When I think of His Ways...
And all the times I've strayed...
But then He clocks me one more time...
Only He can strike and not bruise...
Plus anywhere He touches begin to shine...
And then I'm dispatched on missions more impossible than Tom Cruise...
But it's okay, cuz my dad knows it all...
That's really the whole point behind the quiet altar call...
He knows you and the purpose for your life...
He created it, breathed on it, and shined it with His light...
He wrapped it in your flesh and then dubbed it with your name...
You have been knighted in the spirit, and set on fire by the Son's rays...
My Jesus is truly The Man...
He's the biggest, baddest, strongest, and humblest...
The fastest, most enduring, and oft times loneliest...
Because I have a tendency to forget to ask His opinion...
I sometimes neglect to seek Him first, so I don't wind up sinning...
The Bible says to seek Him in ALL things...
To do all things for His glory...
I like to laugh at the foolishness of the OT kings...
But then I blink, and realized that quite often I re-enact THEIR story...
But my dad is so cool...
That He loves me STILL, even after breaking the rules...
My God is so awesome that He's three in one...
And He's not a Skitz!!!...
He's also perfect and Sovereign...
And got more class than the Ritz...
Well anyway that's all I have to say for now...
I could go on for quite a while...
But I'll save it for another time...
And end this thing with a very non-rhyme...
He's not a Dad/Maker/Savior that's just mine...
He's OURS...
He's The Man.

0 comments: